No-Till Farmer publisher Darrell Bruggink (right) presents Precision Planting’s Hans Stutzman with the 2016 National No-Tillage Conference’s Product of the Year award for the company’s 20/20 SeedSense system.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — A touchscreen monitor that allows no-tillers to seed precisely, maintain depth, avoid compaction and troubleshoot mechanical problems was awarded No-Till Product of the Year for 2015. Voted by No-Till Farmer readers, Precision Planting’s SeedSense 20/20 was No. 1 among 13 products readers earlier deemed to be the best in their respective categories.
The SeedSense 20/20 won the overall Product of the Year prize for the first time and was a sixth-time winner in the Precision Tools category.
Manufacturers whose products were voted the best in 13 individual categories were recognized last week in front of nearly 1,000 no-tillers attending a special luncheon awards ceremony at the 24th annual National No-Tillage Conference (www.NoTillConference.com) in Indianapolis. They were also recognized in the Winter 2016 issue of No-Till Farmer’s Conservation Tillage Guide.
Other winners included:
- No-Till Planters/Drills:John Deere 1770NT Planter. Honorable Mention: Early Riser Planters, Case IH; 4900 Series Planter, Kinze Mfg.
- Precision Tools:20/20 SeedSense, Precision Planting. Honorable Mention: FieldView, Precision Planting; vDrive + Delta Force, Precision Planting.
- Spraying Equipment:Turbo Nozzles, TeeJet Technologies. Honorable Mention: Apache 20 Series Sprayers, Equipment Technologies.
- Strip-Till Equipment:Ripper-Stripper Strip-Till Subsoiler, Unverferth. Honorable Mention: 2984 Strip Freshener, Yetter Mfg. Co.; Pluribus Strip-Till Unit, Dawn Equipment Co.
- Fertilizer Application Equipment: Starter Fertilizer Tubes, Totally Tubular. Honorable Mention: 2987 Magnum Fertilizer Coulter, Yetter Mfg. Co.; Dry Fertilizer Cart, Montag Mfg.
For a complete list of winners, visit www.No-TillFarmer.com/ProductoftheYear.