RACINE, Wis. — Driven by the growing demand for efficient data management, the latest Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) solutions from Case IH help producers collect timely information about their crops — whether in the cab or from the sky — to make better-informed management decisions that turn potential into profit. Two new updates, AccuStar GPS receiver and the Case IH UAV, expand the company’s full suite of precision farming offerings available across its equipment lineup.
Producers can accurately map fields and save on fuel, labor and input costs with the new AccuStar receiver. This affordable GPS receiver features simple and intuitive operation to quickly and cost-effectively upgrade or add precision capabilities to previous-generation tractors or combines. Once operators install the magnetic base and harnessing, they can immediately begin georeferencing exact data points in the field.
AccuStar is ideal for:
- ElectriSteer-assisted steering (autoguidance offering)
- GPS positioning for combine yield mapping
- Stand-alone GPS applications
- Providing GPS to third-party displays and/or applications
The AccuStar receiver provides access to multiple guidance-correction sources ranging from low to medium to high accuracy. This flexibility offers the ability to upgrade to RTK-level guidance with Case IH RTK+ for sub-inch, pass-to-pass accuracy. Cellular RTK+ guidance-correction signals offer seamless coverage to alleviate line-of-sight issues associated with radio-delivered RTK correction, including those presented by hills, valleys, trees, buildings or other structures.
AccuStar is also compatible with ElectriSteer assisted steering. Controlled through the AFS Pro 700 monitor, ElectriSteer is an assisted steering solution that quickly clamps onto the steering wheel to provide autoguidance for both new and used machines in mixed fleets with multiple options for accuracy.
Case IH UAV Package
In addition to collecting timely information from the cab, producers can now collect data from the sky with the Case IH UAV. In collaboration with industry-leader DroneDeploy®, this new drone package quickly takes the pulse of crop health for real-time decision-making.
Available this spring, the Case IH UAV package includes the DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone with RGB camera, hard carrying case, extra battery and one-year subscription to DroneDeploy software. This system makes it quick and easy for producers to fly their drone, capture imagery, view and analyze maps with powerful filters, and then share those maps and insights with trusted advisers to immediately take action.
- Highlights of the Case IH UAV package include:
- Easy-to-use software: Fly the field and get crop health data the same day with smart, intuitive software logic.
- Autonomous flight: With just two taps of an iOS® or Android device, the drone is ready for autonomous flight, making flying easy for all skill levels.
- Powerful analytics:
- Take Shapefile and GeoTIFF formats to the next level: Export files to your agronomic decision-making software or send to your agronomist.
- Apply different filters to analyze the imagery you collected: Understand any problematic areas within your field that may impact yield and your bottom line.