A classroom session focused on strategies for selling and servicing retrofit kits has been added to the 2024 Precision Farming Dealer Summit program!

In a Nov. 2023 article, “Farmers Teach Old Tractors New Tricks,” the Wall Street Journal’s Bob Tita covered how OEMs are quickly entering the retrofit market to ease into big-dollar opportunities, and bring more technology to the farm. Pointing to kits like Precision Planting’s software and components that can be added to most planters, Tita stresses how retrofit solutions give the OEMs access to the 93% of global farmers who aren’t fully replacing their older equipment in any given year (the other 7% do).

During this insightful classroom session, learn how dealers are selling new technology that's “teaching their customers’ old equipment new tricks.” Mark Vanderloop of Vanderloop Equipment started selling Sabanto autonomy kits for tractors in 2023. During this classroom, Vanderloop shares his experience with the cutting-edge technology and explains how he prepared his family-owned dealership for success when it comes to selling autonomy to customers.

To register or download the full 2024 Precision Farming Dealer Summit program, visit PrecisionSummit.com.

The 2024 Precision Farming Dealer Summit will take place Jan. 8-9 in Indianapolis, Ind., at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown. The two-day event offers a mix of general sessions and classrooms featuring top industry experts, profit-boosting dealer-to-dealer panels and highly interactive roundtable discussions.

Related Content: