CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — There’s a new app to help farmers decide when to spray their fields. Pocket Spray Smart is a free iOS app made by Agrible. It works with Agrible’s Morning Farm Report software, which helps farmers plan everything from nitrogen (N) use, to when they can get equipment in the fields, to what to expect for yields.
The app shows a farmer what the conditions look like hour by hour for spraying up to 3 days in advance. It shows hourly wind speed and direction, timing and duration of temperature inversions that could impact spraying, and whether the soil will support equipment. Farmers can see all of that for each field in their operation. Farmers have all of that information on location to decide when to spray to reduce off-target movement of herbicides.
Agrible’s Pocket Spray Smart app expands the features in a user’s Morning Farm Report account which provide field-level insights so growers can make the most informed decisions possible. The app is free and all features are unlocked with a 2017 Grower AgriBundle, which is available free for those in Agrible’s sustainable yield program or working with ADM merchandisers.
- Dedication to Problem-Solving Drives Strong Precision Service
- What Are Your Best & Worst Precision Ideas?
- Making the Case for Gamifying Precision Agriculture
- Acquisitions, Investments Accelerate OEMs’ Autonomous Capabilities
- Strip-Tillers Embrace RTK, Plan Precision Purchases in 2022