To accommodate the growth of its variable-rate seeding business, Crystal Valley turned its Elysian, Minn., location into a Precision Planting hub. The location houses the majority of hardware inventory and parts needed by two full-time and one part-time certified service technicians who install, service and maintain their retrofit equipment. About 40% of planter hardware installations are done at the Elysian location, says Ben Youngerberg, precision specialist. The other 60% are done on the farm, with specialists utilizing the co-op’s mobile service trailer, fully stocked with parts and tools.

Return to Video Series