What Farmers Want From You

Future Farming Success Hinges on Customer Relationships

Indiana farmer Jason Mauck looks to vertical integration as well as technical innovation to cut costs and boost per-acre bottom line returns for his economic resiliency through 2030.
With principal involvement in three busy agricultural enterprises, Jason Mauck, 40, has to be constantly thinking, planning and doing to keep all the balls in the air as he juggles traditional family farm management, off-farm agronomic innovation, and the headaches and highs of innovating a new direct-marketing meat business.
Read More
SeeandSpray1Web-9.jpg

Why Your Customers Should Invest in New Sprayer Technologies

"During a recent field technology day with Pacific Northwest growers we focused on helping growers to manage their minimum till operation as it changes throughout the growing season," says RDO agronomist Erin Hightower. "Growers asked us questions like: What tool can help me to manage pesticide application and input costs as the needs of my crop change?"
Read More
MOISTURE MONITOR in field

Data & Technology Drive Decision Making Process

Gathering data, keeping tabs on weather and more help Saskatchewan farmer Jake Leguee improve crop performance and farm profitability.
"I can watch my crop roots grow on my cell phone. Not literally, but I can tell you exactly what depth crops have rooted to in fields where we have installed weather stations with moisture probes," says Saskatchewan farmer Jake Leguee.
Read More
CRUNCHING-THE-NUMBERS-Keith-Wendte.jpg

Use Precision Technology to Make Data-Informed Decisions

Retired engineer uses data management & precision tools to remotely assist in the management of family’s 7,000-acre operation.
Keith Wendte manages data and analysis for his family’s 7,000-acre operation from an office more than 200 miles away in the Chicago area. He was an early adopter of precision farming technology nearly 30 years ago.
Read More
Aerialphoto-of-a sprayer.jpg

What Winning Teams Can Teach Us About Precision Agriculture

Farm data captured by farm management software systems is like playing “Money Ball” with your operation. With it, you could have a 2002 Oakland A’s baseball team’s storybook season instead of the 2013 Houston Astros team’s season with the longest losing streak in the baseball team’s history.
Read More
NDSU Drone In Field Precision Ag Survey.jpeg

Cash Flow, ROI are Key Drivers in the Future of Farming

Managing taxes, understanding the value of technology, smart equipment investments, and a proactive marketing plan all drive decision-making for Minnesota farmer Zach Johnson.
Managing taxes, understanding the value of technology, smart equipment investments, and a proactive marketing plan all drive decision-making for Minnesota farmer Zach Johnson.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

PFD-CoverContents_FE_0224.jpg

Precision Farming Dealer

• 12th Annual Precision Award Program Honors Top North American Dealer
  • First Customer Contact Builds Trust & Strong Relationships
View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings