Data Management

Todd-Janzen-Headshot.png

How the USDA Will Collect Ag Data for Climate-Smart Commodities Program

The USDA’s Partnership for Climate-Smart Commodities program represents an investment of over $3.1 billion into US agriculture. The statistics for the program huge: USDA selected 141 proposals from corporations, non-profits, and universities to study ways to increase climate-smart production practices for US farmers and livestock producers.
Read More

A Mission to Make Data Useful for Dealers

TARGIT brings data management expertise to the ag equipment industry
Noticing that dealers of all sizes — those with many locations as well as those with only 1 or 2 storefronts — all had the same data reporting practices, TARGIT saw an opportunity to step in and provide some assistance.
Read More
MOISTURE MONITOR in field
What Farmers Want From You

Data & Technology Drive Decision Making Process

Gathering data, keeping tabs on weather and more help Saskatchewan farmer Jake Leguee improve crop performance and farm profitability.
"I can watch my crop roots grow on my cell phone. Not literally, but I can tell you exactly what depth crops have rooted to in fields where we have installed weather stations with moisture probes," says Saskatchewan farmer Jake Leguee.
Read More
CRUNCHING-THE-NUMBERS-Keith-Wendte.jpg

Use Precision Technology to Make Data-Informed Decisions

Retired engineer uses data management & precision tools to remotely assist in the management of family’s 7,000-acre operation.
Keith Wendte manages data and analysis for his family’s 7,000-acre operation from an office more than 200 miles away in the Chicago area. He was an early adopter of precision farming technology nearly 30 years ago.
Read More
Keith Wendte (Horizontal) (1).jpg

[Podcast] What Farmers Want from You: Keith Wendte

For this episode of the Precision Farming Dealer podcast, Keith Wendte provides a farmer’s take on precision technology and the improvements dealerships can make when selling it.

For this episode of the Precision Farming Dealer podcast, Keith Wendte provides a farmer’s take on precision technology and the improvements dealerships can make when selling it.    

Read More

Prioritizing Soil Health to Protect Profitability for Generations to Come

The Crave family sees soil health as a key to reducing inputs, machinery costs, and creating more value-added products for long-term success and sustainability.
Since the founding of the multigenerational Crave Brothers Farm in Waterloo, Wis., in 1980, they’ve adopted sustainable farming practices, added a cheese factory to increase the value of their milk, and operate a manure digester that generates enough electricity to power their operation and 300 neighboring homes, making them a carbon-negative company.
Read More

Top Articles

Current Issue

PFD-CoverContents_FE_0224.jpg

Precision Farming Dealer

• 12th Annual Precision Award Program Honors Top North American Dealer
  • First Customer Contact Builds Trust & Strong Relationships
View More

Must Read Free Eguides

Download these helpful knowledge building tools

View More
Top Directory Listings